The computerised eye-checking machine is called the Auto-Refractometer. At Netram Eye Foundation, we provide a detailed refraction examination by computerised auto-refractometer which is further confirmed by dilated retinoscopy and funds examination. This is the most accurate of glasses prescription.
Cataract is an opacity or cloudiness in the natural lens of the eye. It is still the leading cause of blindness worldwide which cannot be corrected with glasses, contact lenses or corneal refractive surgery like LASIK. In India, Cataract is commonly known as Safed Motia.At Netram Eye Foundation, Cataract Surgery is performed by the latest Phacoemulsification technique under topical anaesthesia where no needle is given. The phacosurgery is done via a standard 2.8 mm incision or a MICRO Phaco with a 1.8 mm incision. Only foladable IOLs are implanted which are from world renowned ZEISS Company. Facility for MULTIFOCAL and TORIC IOLs is also available. Patient is discharged on the day of surgery and no admission is needed.
Robotic cataract surgery/ Femto cataract surgery:
Femtosecond laser technology brings accuracy and precision to already precise cataract surgery.
In laser cataract surgery, an advanced femtosecond laser replaces use of blades for the following steps in cataract surgery:
1. The corneal incision
2. The anterior capsulotomy
3. Lens and cataract fragmentation
Thus robotic cataract surgery/ femto/ bladeless cataract surgery minimizes the chances of human error.
LASIK is a laser procedure used to correct common vision problems (near-sightedness, far-sightedness, astigmatism & presbyopia) to reduce dependence on prescription eye glasses and/0r contact lenses. LASIK is a Refractive Surgery procedure.
Other types of Refractive Surgery-including other laser procedures & Intraocular Lens procedures-are also done.
Keratoconus is a non inflammatory condition in which cornea progressively changes its shape from a normal round bulge to a conical thinned out dome.
• This causes blurring of vision, distorted letters, intolerance to light and blindness in very advanced stages.
• The causes are mainly a combination of genetic, environmental and hormonal.
• Initial treatment needs glasses and rigid contact lenses. But eventually if progression is documented on 6 monthly, repeat Pentacam, then C3R is needed.
• C3R , Cornea Collagen Cross Linking is a laser treatment which strengthens cornea , thus limits progression of keratoconus.
• After removal of epithelium or trans epithelium , riboflavin dye is applied on cornea and UV-A rays are delivered on cornea.
• We at NETRAM perform Accelerated Crosslinking C3R which allows thinner corneas to be crosslinked as well with greater precision, potentially decreasing the risks associated for crosslinking.
• This reduces cross-linking time from one-hour to a few minutes, adding to patient comfort and experience.
• Very advanced cases of keratoconus where cornea scarring has happened need keratoplasty/ cornea transplant.
Intacs is latest method for strengthening of cornea and also correction of power to some extent. We at NETRAM successfully perform INTACS.
The retina is a thin layer of tissue that lines the back of the eye on the inside. It is located near the optic nerve. The purpose of the retina is to receive light that the lens has focused, convert the light into neural signals, and send these signals on to the brain for visual recognition.
The retina processes light through a layer of photoreceptor cells. These are essentially light-sensitive cells, responsible for detecting qualities such as color and light-intensity. The retina processes the information gathered by the photoreceptor cells and sends this information to the brain via the optic nerve. Basically, the retina processes a picture from the focused light, and the brain is left to decide what the picture is.
Due to the retina’s vital role in vision, damage to it can cause permanent blindness. Examples of Retinal Disorders are:
• Macular Degeneration – a disease that destroys your sharp, central vision
• Diabetic Eye Diseases
• Retinal Detachment- a medical emergency, when the retina is pulled away from the back of the eye
• Retinoblastoma – cancer of the retina. It is most common in young children.
• Macular Pucker – scar tissue on the macula
• Macular Hole – a small break in the macula that usually happens to people over 60
• Floaters – cobwebs or specks in your field of vision
We at Netram Eye Foundation provide all services to recognise & treat Retinal Disorders of all sorts.Screening for diabetic and hypertensive retinopathy & other retinal diseases is available. Facility for FFA (Angiography), OCT, Argon, Green Laser, Intravitreal Injections of Traimcinolone, Avastin are also provided.
A Cornea transplant is an operation to remove all or part of a damaged cornea and replace it with healthy donor tissue. Only the central portion of the cornea involves transplantation. Cornea Transplantation is also known as Corneal Grafting or Penetrating Keratoplasty. It can be done to improve sight, relieve pain and treat severe infection or damage. The type of cornea transplant depends on which part of the cornea is damaged or how much of the cornea needs replacing. Accordingly, we at Netram Eye Foundation utilise options like: Penetrating Keratoplasty- a full-thickness transplant Deep Anterior Lamellar Keratoplasty – replacing or reshaping the outer and middle (front) layers of the cornea. Endothelial Keratoplasty-replacing the deeper (back) layers of the cornea. A corneal transplant can be carried out under general anaesthetic or local anaesthetic. The procedure usually takes less than an hour. We also provide treatment for other Corneal Disorders like for severe dry eye, chemical burns, pterygium, nave, etc.
At Netram Eye Foundation, facility for spectacle fitting is available. Contact lens fitting is also done, to provide best fit contact lenses. Cosmetic and coloured lenses also available.
Glaucoma is progressive atrophy of the nerve of eye. It causes damage to eye’s optic nerve and gets worse over time. It is often linked to a buildup of pressure inside . Glaucoma tends to be inherited and may not show up until later in life. The increased pressure, called IntraOcular Pressure, can damage the optic nerve, which may lead to permanent vision loss.
At Netram Eye Foundation, we provide facilities to treat Glaucoma like facilities for Applanation Tanometry, Visual Filed Analysis, OCT RNFL, Pachymetry and Glaucoma Management are available. Trabeculectomy Surgery for glaucoma is also done.
Advanced glaucoma , neovascular glaucoma, failed glaucoma surgery need a valve implant , commonly named Glaucoma Valve
It is shaped like a small computer mouse with a tube attached to it so that excess aqeous humour drains out.
The most common complication of Cataract Surgery is clouding of the part of the lens covering (capsule) that remains after surgery, called Posterior Capsule Opacification. If the cloudiness affects the vision, we at Netram Eye Foundation perform Yag Laser Capsulotomy post Cataract Surgery.
Also Laser Iridectomy for Glaucoma patients is done.
Laser for Diabetic Retinopathy , Hypertensive Retinopathy ,Myopic Lattices ,Yag Peripheral Iridectomy,Yag Capsulotomy & Vasculitis is also done.